Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 798|Reply: 7

[Consulting] Can't access TWRP - need help

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-2-25 10:47:34 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I have tried basically everything I could've found about flashing TWRP recovery on Ulefone Metal (3+16GB)... And it just doesn't work

Tried both flashing with the Smart Phone Flash Tool, and directly using fastboot commands... Same disappointing results. Everything looks fine, recovery image file seems to be successfully copied on the device, but when i try to reboot to recovery (either with adb command or directly from the bootloader), it just shows Ulefone logo and resumes normal boot

I've tried unlocking bootloader and flash the recovery using fastboot commands, and when that didn't work, I've used Flash tool. Even tried locking bootloader.

ps. Yes, I have tried holding Vol-Up button, it shows bootloader with 3 options (recovery, fastboot, normal boot). Recovery just reboots the device and resumes normal boot.

I'm clearly getting desperate because I need to get the device up and running ASAP, hopefully with root access.

I need your help, what am I doing wrong ? What can I do ?

Thank you in advance!
Loce

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

ulefone Metal

Post time 2017-2-25 18:44:16 | Show all posts
Well, I did not have any problem with rooting my Metal. But when I was trying to root some old Huawei phone, every time I tryed to reboot to recovery with ADB command it kept loading into android as normal. Holding the Power and Volume UP (or just VolumeUP? Im not sure) after I sent the command to reboot helped. You can give it a try.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-2-25 20:19:39 | Show all posts
Yeah, I've tried that at least 100 times It doesn't go directly to recovery, just to the bootloader where I have 3 options: recovery, fastboot, normal. Selecting "recovery" does not work. It just reboot itself and proceed to normal boot.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

ulefone Metal

Post time 2017-2-25 21:32:16 | Show all posts
Well, thats strange, I have never had any problem like this. I dont think I can help you anymore... But you can try to ask here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-unofficial-twrp-ulefone-metal-t3490779
I believe its the most used TWRP for Metal. So they may be able to help you. Good luck with it.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-2-26 05:26:56 | Show all posts
Hi.
New Ulefone Metal, with kernel : 3.18.19 twrp staring NOK. Just one Twrp working: http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-recovery-21/ , but this Twrp , root is working, rom install doesnot working. We waiting for ulefone developers! Please give me new kernel code!

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-2-27 07:55:13 | Show all posts
Yes, I've just read that on XDA forums. Apparently there are two versions on Ulefone Metal, and the one from October 1st, 2016 (you can check it under About phone -> Android security path level) is the second version.
Thanks for posting that link, works like charm! Now I finally have a root access

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-2-28 02:32:34 | Show all posts
loce45 replied at 2017-2-27 07:55
Yes, I've just read that on XDA forums. Apparently there are two versions on Ulefone Metal, and the  ...

And the rest is silence. I can sell your phone and buy a different type, one of those who support?

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

ulefone Metal

Post time 2017-2-28 03:53:07 | Show all posts
@loce45 Glad it helped. Good luck with your phone.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list