Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 930|Reply: 5

[Discussion] Battery and fingerprint problems

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-3-22 04:20:56 From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by litl at 2017-3-22 04:44

Greetings, as I have seen that many people talk about bad battery life, and there is noone that actually has no that BIG battery problems to share a feedback, I decied to share my "story".
I went to the local store looking for a phone that does have 3gb ram, solid processor, fingerprint sensor (just love that feature), ok camera(not very important to me). And that it costs less than 200euro (I paid Ulefone Metal, few months ago , 180e)
In a few days I noticed that my battery drains very fast like in 10 hours without even touching it.
I liked the phone and I wanted to find some answers.
At first I disabled that " Cloud Print" as I read somewhere on the forums. And also I disabled screen rotation and selected Portrait from pop-up menu (I dont know if this works but when i watch movie or something and I enable it, when I finish watching a movie I disable it again and power off and on the phone) and when I install apps like facebook that has "LED notification" I turn it off.
The thing that helped me for real is as I live in a small country and our 4G network was introduced like few months ago, it isnt well covered and my phone was losing signal, and had to switch between networks very often and it drained battery as hell. So now Im just using 2G with mobile data always turned on

My phone is not rooted because of warranty and I cant have BetterBateryStats I cannot see if my phone stays awake somehow :-(
Anyhow as I use my phone less on working days my I can say that my battery with normal usage lasts 1,5-2 days.
And it lasts whole day when i hardcore use it. (10% per hour)
(I had iphone 6 and my battery lasted 1,5 day, so it is just fine with me)

I will post some screenshots and I would like your feedback.
Thanks for reading.

The only thing I have problem with is fingerprint scaner. When its hot outside and it stays in my pocket it snaps on itself i feel it vibrating in my pocket (cannot process fingerprint).  Also if my hands are sweaty and i unlock it by fingerprint sensor/scaner it continues to snap it after i lock it.

Screenshot_20170320-174603.png
Screenshot_20170320-174611.png
Screenshot_20170320-174640.png
Screenshot_20170320-174845.png
Screenshot_20170321-005635.png
Screenshot_20170321-143308.png

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-3-22 13:10:48 | Show all posts
Edited by janek69 at 2017-3-22 14:06

Sometimes my phone work 2-3 days with normal usage,but if something happened it's 12 hours. I can't find why.I don't know which event start the leds wakelock. I also can take screenshot like you,but it's not a permanent status.
Screenshot_20170322-065307.png
Screenshot_20170202-155514.png

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-3-22 15:05:56 | Show all posts
I have the same problem with fingerptint scanner, sometimes it feels like unlocking (vibrating) when I don't even touch the phone, other times it doesn't register the unlock attempts and starts vibrating (false attempts) long time after unlocked with PIN.
How's your signal strength? I have no problems reaching 3 days battery life (3G, good coverage), but if I move to place with weak signal or more networks (typically in roaming, border between 2 foreign countries, more networks with weak signal), phone barely lasts 10 hrs.
Click on the battery graph to see more details (signal strength, awake/deep sleep, ...)
https://www.mobigyaan.com/how-to ... ge-graph-on-android

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-3-22 20:22:51 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by litl at 2017-3-22 20:46

Thanks for feedback guys!
Janek, it is happening just the same, but those days when battery drain in 12 hours are rare, but i cant say it doesnt happen. Maybe its the LED stayin on, maybe its when im traveling alot and I lose signal strenght alot, but its not that big problem like some people have.

kejlycz as I stated signal coverage in my country is bad and my batter on 4G drains like in 10 hours without touching it. Did not try 3G tho but I am satisfied with 2G (I almost always have Wifi so mobile internet is just in rare cases and sometimes I really need to do something fast i just switch to 4G)
This is the third day Im using my phone and its on 15% with battery saver it will for sure last till I end my work shift (7 hours from now) with normal use (viber, calls etc).

All in all my only problem is that fingerprint scanner but if its happening only when its hot and when my fingers are sweaty, its sensor problem, not software problem so I am just saying, i have no hopes of it working, but yeah what to expect of a cheap phone with great performance.

Its a great phone for this kind of money.
Screenshot_20170322-134320.png

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-3-24 09:02:44 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
As only those two things work without root
But enough to see that my phone goes to deep sleep for sure. At least for now.
Screenshot_20170324-020027.png

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-3-24 13:23:14 | Show all posts
Edited by janek69 at 2017-3-24 13:25
litl replied at 2017-3-24 09:02
As only those two things work without root
But enough to see that my phone goes to deep sleep for su ...

Cause of deep sleep problems the facebook app and all app which can force the LED notification. The facebook force the LED notification, and the kernel cannot handle this event. Good news, you can disable this function in facebook app. I have FB lite but i think FB app also use this.
In settings > push notifications > Phone LED checked (it's default) disable and deep sleep will work.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list