Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 3597|Reply: 24

[Discussion] Finally, the REAL workaround to solve the battery drain!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-3-24 04:21:58 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Yes,
finally I found a method to have a decent battery life for this phone. I had tried everything suggested by so-called experts in this forum, nothing worked.
I had tried to install all available ROM, all the same in term of battery life (= poor after first full recharge) despite what the so-called experts said in this forum...
This instead is really working:

• Install Xposed sdk through the phone Recovery menu (I have installed this version: xposed-v87-sdk23-arm64)
  • Install GrorkMod through the phone Recovery menu (I have installed this version: grorkmod_v1.1-lite)
  • Install Xposed app through a file explorer app (I have installed this version: xposed.installer_3.1.1.apk)
  • Download and install from Google Play the app Greenify
  • Enable in Greenify the different Xposed experimental features to enable the battery to go to idle/sleep mode

And it is done. Now if you check with Cpu Spy Pro Free the state of your CPU, you will finally see that it goes onto Deep Sleep/idle, yeah!
Battery life finally satisfactory.

I share so that you can now really enjoy your phone with this trick!
Cheers

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

ulefone Metalulefone Fan from CzechThanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-3-25 23:46:44 | Show all posts
Since I have never done anything like this, I feel really cheated by ulefone that we have to do this in order to solve an issue caused by their rom that they're obviously unable to solve because they don't even understand how their software work.

I can't believe this. Thanks for the tutorial through, once I'll make up my mind Iľl try to do this.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Poland1K Forum Members

Post time 2017-4-1 00:35:43 | Show all posts
Nice - 67h and i have 31% battery left. Before that i was charging my metal daily

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-4-3 00:30:20 | Show all posts
Can cofirm is working. Found post similar on XDA and also there they say is working. I've got up to 4 days, installed greenify and amplify. Sound hard but if you searhc there are tutorial for do all what requested.

http://www.gizbeat.com/10733/ulefone-metal-twrp-download-and-root-ulefone-metal-root/

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2017-4-3 11:32:34 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I can also confirm this really works. Battery drop overnight 3% instead of up to 30. Phone says battery for 7 days ahead.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Post time 2017-4-3 13:14:30 | Show all posts
Everything worked out as described in the comments here and on the posted web pages. A few remarks:
* I'm not sure about the GrorkMod. The installer left saying "leaving partition untouched". Not sure if this is really necessary.
* I think this is really embarassing for ulefone, that I have to download and install software from various unknown sources on the web, following some really weird instructions, just to get standard functionality (a battery saving phone).
* My phone predicts now 7 days(!) of battery in airplane mode, and 3 days of battery during normal use this morning. What a difference!!

Martin

Threads

Credits

Credits

Post time 2017-4-3 20:25:16 | Show all posts
My phone enters deep sleep only in airplane mode. When in normal mode, one core is always busy. Is that standard behaviour? Can the phone also switch to deep sleep when the cover is closed?

Martin

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

ulefone Metalulefone Fan from CzechThanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-4-4 00:39:04 | Show all posts
So I finally did it too, and lost my warranty ofc while doing so.
Pretty convenient now that I found out there is dust IN my front camera
Anyways, it helps, but usage is still bigger than it should be.
Yes, while I'm not working with the phone, it's OK, but when I do, it's still fast like it was before.
But, there is an update coming, so hopefully, they did something with it.
Source: https://www.facebook.com/uleFone ... 41911688216/?type=3
(look at Ulefone comments)

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-4-4 03:49:37 | Show all posts
Who did it, anyone bought the pro version of greenify, is it worth it??

Czjhons, have you followed all and activated xposed features (the free one) on greenify?

To me it was a really considerable improvement, like not "maybe is a bit better" ...like atm i charged last time the phone at 23.30 of 01/04 now is nearly 48h and i am at 42% todays i have used bluetooth for 5h and is the first time that mobile stanby is shown as it have used more battery than Phone idle...and that because i keep the phone 8hrs a day in shitty coverage area and continuosly switch between international roaming and low national signal.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2017-4-4 06:19:50 | Show all posts
If you enable those Xposed based options in Greenify, do you miss notifications on FaceBook, WhatsApp, Skype, Gmail, Twitter, etc notifications?
Or, on the other side, if you exclude that Social Media apps from Doze in Grenify, then do you still save on battery consumption?

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list