Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: tuleggi

[Discussion] Finally, the REAL workaround to solve the battery drain!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2017-4-4 16:26:23 | Show all posts
After one day and frequent checking of CPU, I can tell that this entire solution generally works, but not very stable. After some time the phone doesn't go to deep sleep anymore. I don't know the exact reason, but e.g. after charging the phone it doesn't go to deep sleep anymore. After reboot it does again.

Please Ulefone, give us some proper solution.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

ulefone Metalulefone Fan from CzechThanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-4-4 21:18:52 | Show all posts
fr3n0 replied at 2017-4-3 20:49
Who did it, anyone bought the pro version of greenify, is it worth it??

Czjhons, have you followed  ...

Yes, I have done everything. It is better, but like I said, when I'm using the phone consumption is the same as before.
My battery is currently 41%, with Phone Idle at the top (ofc) with 21%, followed by Display (15%) and Android OS (5%).
In BetterBatteryStats (yes, I bought it just because of Metal), I can see in Kernel Wakelock PowerManagerService.Display, PowerManagerService.WakeLocks and ttyC0 on first three positions.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2017-4-5 14:09:45 | Show all posts
This entire issue is not in reducing power consumption during the phone's regular operation. It is about putting the phone to sleep when it is not in use, saving battery power during that time. Typically (for the average user I guess) this ratio of use/not in use is about 10%.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-4-6 06:56:08 | Show all posts
sounds all good but dont know how to do those steps
should i wait  for the update or not ?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2017-4-6 23:15:10 | Show all posts
martink replied at 2017-4-3 13:25
My phone enters deep sleep only in airplane mode. When in normal mode, one core is always busy. Is t ...

>>  Can the phone also switch to deep sleep when the cover is closed?

Try without the cover. These are all old stuff, discussed on the Forum last autumn, you can search for smart cover, S view/window...

Original cover has a magnet and phone recognizes the magnet. But phone wrongly thinks that cover has a window on the front side. You cannot disable that 'feature', and Ulefone never fixed that.

Leave the phone aside, don't touch the cover but lurk behind the cover. It's hard to say how and when, but you will find the phone starting to display a watch and multimedia controls behind the cover - at the place where a window (whole) in the front cover is supposed to be.

One smart guy even made a photo of that. I never know how because if you touch the cover, magic goes out, phone switches to the locked screen. And this 'feature' definitely eats the battery in idle mode, if you still use the original cover.

Of course, Caroline (Ulefone) will tell advise you to hard- reset the phone, but that's ...

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-17 14:52:55 | Show all posts
hi all,
is there any progress about further update for fixing battery rain ?
..hoping the solution from ulefone will not be to cancell also this other complain posts
thanks!

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone Metalulefone Fan from Sweden1K Forum Members

Post time 2017-5-18 13:31:45 | Show all posts
orlac70 replied at 2017-5-17 07:52
hi all,
is there any progress about further update for fixing battery rain ?
..hoping the solution f ...

TBH I think Ulefone dropped support for this phone for a long (very long!) time ago...
If You like to have the most out of Your phone there are few alternative (custom) ROM's to try ad XDA and some  here: http://forum.ulefone.com/forum-75-1.html.

M.A.D. -> https://forum.xda-developers.com ... fone-metal-t3521714

Lineage -> https://forum.xda-developers.com ... fone-metal-t3542117
----
..//Jocke.Sve

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-18 21:42:28 | Show all posts
are them stable?
which one did you try ?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone Metalulefone Fan from Sweden1K Forum Members

Post time 2017-5-19 03:15:56 | Show all posts
I'm using M.A.D. as my daily driver without any issues.
Installed as described here: https://forum.xda-developers.com ... 2&postcount=424
----
..//Jocke.Sve

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-19 14:54:35 | Show all posts
Thanks Jocke !
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list