Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 686|Reply: 4

[Discussion] Internet speed

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2017-4-11 03:15:45 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hello there.

Is anyone experiencing some problems with internet connection? In my ulefone I can't watch videos (streaming) or stuff like that, because is always crashing. Before didn't happened this. I runned a app to test the connection and I noticed some huge crashes in speed, but in my laptop is much more stable the connection.
Reached out to the internet service provider also and everything is allright with the connection.
Anyone else with this problem?

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-4-11 13:47:47 | Show all posts
Are you talking about Wi-Fi?
3G and 4G (mobile data) is fast, 2,4GHz Wi-Fi is also fast (sometimes I watch HD streaming movies over 2,4GHz Wi-Fi connection and they run smoothly), but I had serious problems when connected to 5GHz Wi-Fi network, the network was slower, very unstable and ping was really terrible. If you experience problems with 5GHz Wi-Fi, try to connectt to 2,4GHz (or vice versa).

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2017-4-11 15:00:48 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2017-4-11 08:17
kejlycz replied at 2017-4-11 06:47
Are you talking about Wi-Fi?
3G and 4G (mobile data) is fast, 2,4GHz Wi-Fi is also fast (sometimes I ...

I have 50/10 (up/down) Mbps internet connection and I can get the full speed over 5GHz (better than over 2.4 GHz, since of the interference on 2.4 GHz from the neighbors). Tested by SpeedTest

Internally (home Intranet), I can go up to 80/65 Mbps over 5 GHz, and there are no issues. Tested by WiFi Speed Test (companion TCP server program running on my wired PC)

Use WiFi Analyzer to choose the best 5GHz (or 2.4 GHz) band, with the least interference (I have a dozen of neighboring WLANs on 2.4 GHz, but I'm alone on 5 GHz ). You must reconfigure the band on your WLAN AP
SpeedTest_5GHz_50Mbps.png
5GHz_Soba_Intranet_Speed.png
5GHz_Soba_Signal.png

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Author| Post time 2017-4-11 23:42:37 | Show all posts
Edited by BFerraz at 2017-4-11 23:50

Thanks for your replies. I'm talking about Wifi. The speed is very inconstant. How do I choose 2.4 or 5 GHz? Thanks.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2017-4-12 02:06:13 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2017-4-11 19:23
BFerraz replied at 2017-4-11 16:42
Thanks for your replies. I'm talking about Wifi. The speed is very inconstant. How do I choose 2.4 o ...

I'm also writing about WLAN (WiFi). Speed by SpeedTest equals to minimum of your WLAN and Internet speed - if you have bad WLAN you can't achieve 50 Mbps.

WiFi SpeedTest measures the speed betwen two mobile phones on your WLAN or between a mob and PC - no need to have Internet.

WiFi Analyzer inspects signal and interference on your WLAN (WiFi). Screenshots from all three apps are above, you can search for them on Google Play. Ahove you see my 5 GHz WLAN with no interference (neighbours have no 5 GHz or dual band WLAN Acces Points), below is congestion on 2.4 GHz

You obviously choose 2.4 or 5 GHz and their band/channel where you find the least interfernce. Most (l)users do not configure their WLAN APs themselves and hence they often overlap on the default ch. 1/2/3 (2.4 GHz).. You have to experiment with different channels on your AP, measuring speed and signal stabilty, and interference on your phone to choose the best setup. And to monitor over time, a new neighbour may jump to the same channel you were using. Interference can also vary through your apartment and specialy the whole house.

For theoretical differences between 2.4 and 5 GHz, and why lower channels (but by neglecting possible nterference) achieve better penetration through walls and longer range, search on Wikipedia and net. Of course, for 5 GHz you need newer and more expensive AP. Also, older and cheaper mobile phones do not support 5 GHz.
2_4GHz_Vrt_Signal.png
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list