Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 767|Reply: 2

[Discussion] Metal /Mobile anti theft function

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-10 18:09:11 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I set the mobile anti theft function in Security on my new Metal and now cannot access this function because the phone will not accept the PIN. I have carried out the inbuilt factory reset and hard reset as advised by Ulefone but the mobile anti theft is still on and I am still unable to access it.
While I can still use the hand set normaly and I do not notice any problem related to the mobile anti theft being switch on, I do worry that I may not be able to access the hand set if I change the SIM or at some other time.

Can any one offer advise how to over come this situation.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-9-11 01:18:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-9-10 18:31

Hopefully, flashing the firmware will delete all settings. But don't you remember the PIN or wha? Did you maybe set a long PIN, whereas the phone now accepts only four digits (I've heard for such a bug on another phone make/model)

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Members

Author| Post time 2016-9-11 22:59:33 | Show all posts
Thanks for your reply. I can't really remember setting any PIN but if I did it would have been the regular one I use all the time, I know this is foolish but I am lazy and like easy access to my phone.
I think what has happened is, I set the anti theft facility and sent the details to my wife's mobile but didn't check the generated message. Later I had battery drain issues which I cured by a factory reset via the menu in  back up and reset, this action has locked me out of access to the mobile anti theft facility as it was switched on when I reset. When I did check the message sent to the wife's mobile, all that is contained is the key actions to disable my mobile if it is stolen. Now I can't switch anti theft off.
While this is not really a problem as the mobile works all the same any way, I don't need to worry.
You are probably correct, flashing should fix the problem, but this is extreme measures that could brick my mobile if I don't do it right, therefore I will now wait until Ulefone bring out the Android 7 upgrade OTA then this should sort out my mistake for me. Thanks again
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list