Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 1125|Reply: 2

[Discussion] Ulefone Metal - First impressione and bug report

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-15 23:34:21 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by bucho74 at 2016-9-15 23:40

Hi.
I'have used my ulefone power for several months, and i never had problem with it.
Some weeks ago, my wife has crashed her previous smartphone, so i have decided to give her my ulefone power (she needs more battery than me!!!)
I have decided to buy a new smartphone and i take the Ulefone METAL.
I'm using my Ulefone Metal since few days and i'm very satisfied.
I think i need more time to tottally evaluate the product, but the first impression is very good.
The phone work very well on all its main functions and i have no problems with calls, 3G and LTE connections , WIFI, BT, or GPS feature.
But there are some minor bugs that i want to mention and i hope future OTAs will resolve them.
So, i found 2 bugs:
1) the fre active cover is very nice, but i think its function is useless. When i close the cover the screen go in "stand by mode", showing the clock, part of the date and the main buttons for listening music (Play, FFW, RWD)... but ther is a problem: the cover has no cutout and it's impossible to view the display when it's closed. So, i don't need the clock and music feature when i close the flip cover, but i didn't find anywhere how disable this feature... I only need tha when i close the cover the display go off, and viceversa (display on when i open the cover).
2) Fingerprint security: i don't love a lot the fingerprint feature , but sometimes it can be very usefull. So, i don't find anywhere how to use fingerprint to unlock the phone. The only feature that i've found is to use fingerprint to lock access to specific application... Ok, i have tried...
I have use a finger to unlock an app. If i use the right finger, the phone recognize it and the app start. But if i use the wrong finger, the phone tell me that it's the wrong fing and after the app start!!! I think that the right function is that with wrong finger the app must not be opened!!!
Ok. The rest, for the moment is ok.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-9-16 02:04:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-9-15 19:24

Under Security, I have set up a Pattern and Fingerprint. I can unlock the locked screen by either of them. If I use a wrong finger, it does not unlock the screen

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Author| Post time 2016-9-16 04:14:08 | Show all posts
Edited by bucho74 at 2016-9-16 04:50

Thanks a lot. The unlock by fingerprints now works for me.
But if i use the fingerprint to unlock an app, the problem is the same: i can unlock the app also with the wrong finger.
And there's always the other problem, how can i disable the active cover function, or at least the acvive cover must be something like the future cover...

Login/Register to enlarge

Ulefone Metal Cover (no cutouts)

Login/Register to enlarge

Ulefone Future Cover (with cutouts for clock and music player)
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list