Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 2847|Reply: 14

[Feedback] Issues list

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-26 02:45:29 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hello,

I've been using Ulefone Metal for a week now and here are some issues I've encountered:

1) Fingerprint Sensor - needs to be pressed kind of hard and long to unlock (about 1s and then 1s to unlock). Hope this is not a hardware issue and will be improved in the upcoming ROM(s).

2) Light Sensor - seems like it's kind of slow and dosn't ''catch'' the light in all angles. It may be me, as previously I used Lumia 532 and light sensor worked kind of faster to dim/illuminate the screen.

3) Wi-Fi -

a) Disabeling the wifi scanning seemd to improved the battery life.  Need to test more as I just did it today.

b) my connection is only at 65mbps on N link, however my tablet and laptop are able to obtain 135mbps (I have only N lite, which means max link of 150mbps). Can this be looked at or is there some setting in wifi I'm missing?

4) Battery capacity - I've read posts here about it and I have one question that could settle all suspitions - why hide the capacity from sensor reading apps? My tablet has a 3450mAh declared capacity and this is what I can see in AIDA64 app. On Metal this info is missing. Why?

5) Camera - I understand that this is a budget smartphone, but there is a lot of background noise in pictures taken in artificial light. Can this be improved?

6) Malware/Spyware suspitions - Kaspersky AV found the caller id to be a adware app. I have disabled it along with Opera Web Store app (really, Opera, where there is no Opera installed?). No issues so far. Also, there is an app that name is written in Chinese I think? What is that? Can this be removed in future ROM updates?

All in all I find the phone very good quality in relation to price I've paid. Again, any chance for the above to be looked at and improved?

Thank you.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween1K Forum Membersulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from Croatia

Post time 2016-9-27 02:12:38 | Show all posts
bkc say it wright, on my other phone zopo speed7 on aida64 you can sea battery capacity, also on asus tablet zenpad you can also see capacity of battery but on ulefone metal you can not. Whay?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from RussiaUpdate Beta team1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-27 04:39:03 | Show all posts
4) Battery capacity is just a number that must be added into the AIDA64 database. This is new model of the phone and it is not in the AIDA64 database , so you only see the information that AIDA64 can pull itself out of the phone.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween1K Forum Membersulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from Croatia

Post time 2016-9-27 05:40:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ok, thanks.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from RussiaUpdate Beta team1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-28 14:29:15 | Show all posts
7) Programmers need to work hard on the optimization of energy consumption.
8) The magnet in the case does not turn off screen. Clock and multimedia buttons is on the screen with closed case.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-9-28 17:22:17 | Show all posts
>> The magnet in the case does not turn off screen. Clock and multimedia buttons is on the screen with closed case

Even worse, phone does detect the magnet and programmatically activate clock and multimedia buttons, there is another thread:
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-222-1-1.html

Which is stupid, since the case has no s-window to see it through.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2016-9-28 17:31:09 | Show all posts
9) The ROM is not all translated into Russian or translated incorrectly

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Fan from RussiaHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-29 12:13:10 | Show all posts
Edited by Cherbet at 2016-9-30 00:11

G-Sensor need calibration, after restart or switch on/off need again. Wi-Fi eats battery any time, Camera photos quality is bad, noises. Do you fix it? When?

Firmware 28.07.2016
Update #1: Founded in Wi-Fi if it is switched off a setting, which is switching off allways scan a wifi. Maybe helps.
Update #2: Not helped, Wi-Fi eat battery again.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayGiveaway Participants1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-29 16:35:36 | Show all posts
Dead spots on screen when phone is used for prolonged period
Keep on keepin' on

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Portugal1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-29 18:54:05 | Show all posts
Edited by jfcoelho at 2016-9-30 00:43

10) charging - It just stops charging after a while (about an hour). Charging process is resumed after about 30 minutes.

Besides the annoying downside of having just a 1A charger, this issue of stopping in the middle of the charging process makes the total charging time to be around 4 hours, which is just ridiculous on a 2016 phone!

I tried using a different cable and the problem persists.
However, using another charger (with 2A), the dead time in the charging process doesn't occur
If this issue is happening only to me with the original charger, then i may have a faulty charger.
I've attached a printscreen while charging, where is perfectly seen the gap where it stops charging. The charger was pluged in the whole time.
Screenshot_20160929-134211.png
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list