Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 4236|Reply: 11

[Consulting] HowTo: Viper4Android (audio enhancements)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-10-9 06:41:37 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-24 00:03

You can greatly enhance audio on Android phones by Viper4Android and it works perfectly on Ulefone Metal.

Root the phone by TWRP and SuperSU (see also other threads on this Forum about)
http://www.gizbeat.com/10733/ule ... ulefone-metal-root/

Run SuperSU, update binaries (normal way) and reboot.
Install BusyBox X from Google Play, open and follow "install (requires root)", and reboot.

Install  http://www.audlabs.com/dists/ViPERFX_v2.5.0.5.apk
Run it, open Headsets, Enable (no need for Force Enable), choose your Equilizer mode, Clarity, Bass - play with settings yourself. Do it similar for Headset, BT. Reboot and enjoy

V4A 2.5.0.5

V4A 2.5.0.5

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone Metalulefone Fan from Brazil

Post time 2016-10-10 19:33:36 | Show all posts
Does you "Convolver" work properly?
I managed to get my V4A drivers working but Convolver just doesn't work.

I've put the IRS files in Viper4Andoid/Kernel folder and I'm able to select them on V4A->Convolver settings but without any effect.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2016-10-10 23:03:20 | Show all posts
Edited by timar at 2016-10-10 23:06

If ViPER4Android doesn't work for you, it's probably because the "Mount Namespace Separaton" option is enabled in SuperSU. I almost went crazy trying to get Viper4Android to run on my rooted Ulefone Power - the drivers installed successfully, but the status always showed "anormal" and I couldn't enable any effect. Close to giving in, I finally found the advice to disable the said option in SuperSU. I did, and after rebooting the driver status had changed to "normal" and everything worked just fine.

Btw. if you want to increase the headphone output of your device, you should first do so via the MTK EngineerMode App (no root required). Open it by dialing: *#*#3646633#*#*

In the App, open the "Hardware Testing" tab and choose "Audio" and "Headset Mode". You will immediately notice that the Max Vol. is set to 140 instead of the maximum value of 160. So the first thing you want to do is to change this value to 160 (make sure to tap "Set" after doing so). This will increase the volume of all audio on the headphone output. However, the headphone output for playing media is also limited by the maximum relative volume level. To see what I mean, select "Media" from the "Type" Dropdown and "Level 14" from the "Level" dropdown. The value in the box below this dropdown corresponds to the relative loudness on the choosen loudness rocker level. Set this to 255 for Level 14 to make use of the maximum available output (you may also want to accordingly adjust the levels below to avoid a big jump in loudness).

Note that this only takes the "nanny mode" cap off the device, without causing any audible degredations in sound quality. Only if these settings still don't suffice to properly drive your headphones, you should try to boost the volume with ViPER's Gain Control effect, which increases loudness at the cost of limiting the dynamic range of the audio.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Post time 2016-10-10 23:42:13 | Show all posts
timar replied at 2016-10-10 23:03
If ViPER4Android doesn't work for you, it's probably because the "Mount Namespace Separaton" option  ...

My driver status was already "normal" and V4A is working properly except for "Convolver".

I ended up installing the "DiVINEBeatsBeta_v8.0_InvincibleEdition_By_TheRoyalSeeker" mod which includes the V4A driver version 2.5.0.4 and Dolby Atmos enhancement (great sound improvement). Still can't make "Convolver" work though...

Thanks for the "Headset Mode" advice, it worked fine!
Dolby.jpg
V4A_Driver.jpg
V4A_UI.jpg

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Author| Post time 2016-10-11 05:51:13 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-10 22:56

@gbasejumper:
Yes, Convolver wors for me. I installed V4A out-of-the-box as I described above (not with 3rd party drivers like you said),  I downloaded IRS samples from
http://droidaudioenhance.blogspo ... -viper4android.html

unpacked and copied to Viper4Android/Kernel folder, enabed UI Settings Expert and  Convolver there.

Indeed, if I switch between Amphitheater, Live Stage, Sandbox, etc, I hear by no doubt a great difference.
V4A is really awesome

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Post time 2016-10-11 18:45:55 | Show all posts
zgfg replied at 2016-10-11 05:51
@gbasejumper:
Yes, Convolver wors for me. I installed V4A out-of-the-box as I described above (not w ...

I've downloaded the IRS samples from your link and they worked on my V4A v.2.5.0.4.

The IRS files from my previous smartphone that used to work perfectly just don't work anymore. It doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for the help though!

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-10-11 21:56:41 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-11 23:11
gbasejumper replied at 2016-10-11 11:45
I've downloaded the IRS samples from your link and they worked on my V4A v.2.5.0.4.

The IRS fi ...

I just stumbled accross
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223&page=2363

>> The author has shipped with one single driver for 2.5.0.5 because he believes it combines the quality of Super with the speed / battery consumption of Normal.
>> 2.5.0.4 was the result of weeks of internal testing and released in China as the official major update,
>> but after a few hours in the wild it was discovered that it couldn't load effects profiles from previous versions properly.
>> A quick fix was made to this issue, which does not concern the core drivers, hence the driver version remains 2.5.0.4.

This could be the reason why old IRS effects do not work on your v2.5.0.4, try upgrading to V4A 2.5.0.5:
http://www.audlabs.com/dists/ViPERFX_v2.5.0.5.apk

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Post time 2016-10-12 00:40:25 | Show all posts
zgfg replied at 2016-10-11 21:56
I just stumbled to:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223&page=2363

Same results after upgrading to 2.5.0.5. Some IRS files work and others don't. I'm ok with that.

At least now I know the problem is not related to the device/root method.

By the way Piston 3 earphones  + V4a sound great on the Metal.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-10-13 15:21:08 | Show all posts
Just a heads up for any others, but I had to do the following steps to get it to work correctly (with Spotify):

- Root and install SuperSU and BusyBox
- Install SELinux mode changer (search on F.Droid) and set mode to Permissive
- Install ViPER FX v2.5.0.5 APK (see link above), do not open yet
- Reboot
- Open ViPER FX, allow su then install driver
- Install App Quarantine, under filter select "show system services". Disable com.android.musicfx
- Reboot
- Open ViPER FX set driver mode to Compatibility
- Reboot
- Open Spotify, play music, then go to settings > Equalizer and set to open with ViPER FX
- Change settings while playing music to check its all working!

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-10-13 16:56:04 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-15 17:33
z0mg replied at 2016-10-13 08:21
Just a heads up for any others, but I had to do the following steps to get it to work correctly (wit ...

@z0mg:
Which way did you Root,  which SuperSU version you use, and which BusyBox app do you use?

By TWRP+SuperSU as from GizBeat (see my original post), upon the update, it gets the latest SuperSU 2.78, and I used BusyBox X from Google Play.
I did not change SELinux mode, it runs in the original Enforcing mode as in the stock ROM.
Also, I din't (need to) change V4A driver mode to Compatibility (and I'm using stock Music player, it works fine with V4A)

SELinux.png
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list