Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: zgfg

[Consulting] HowTo: Viper4Android (audio enhancements)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-10-13 15:21:08 | Show all posts
Just a heads up for any others, but I had to do the following steps to get it to work correctly (with Spotify):

- Root and install SuperSU and BusyBox
- Install SELinux mode changer (search on F.Droid) and set mode to Permissive
- Install ViPER FX v2.5.0.5 APK (see link above), do not open yet
- Reboot
- Open ViPER FX, allow su then install driver
- Install App Quarantine, under filter select "show system services". Disable com.android.musicfx
- Reboot
- Open ViPER FX set driver mode to Compatibility
- Reboot
- Open Spotify, play music, then go to settings > Equalizer and set to open with ViPER FX
- Change settings while playing music to check its all working!

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Author| Post time 2016-10-13 16:56:04 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-15 17:33
z0mg replied at 2016-10-13 08:21
Just a heads up for any others, but I had to do the following steps to get it to work correctly (wit ...

@z0mg:
Which way did you Root,  which SuperSU version you use, and which BusyBox app do you use?

By TWRP+SuperSU as from GizBeat (see my original post), upon the update, it gets the latest SuperSU 2.78, and I used BusyBox X from Google Play.
I did not change SELinux mode, it runs in the original Enforcing mode as in the stock ROM.
Also, I din't (need to) change V4A driver mode to Compatibility (and I'm using stock Music player, it works fine with V4A)

SELinux.png

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-10-14 07:02:11 | Show all posts
@zgfg Thanks for your post, ViPER has made my headphones sound amazing.

For root I followed the GizBeat guide, using TWRP+SuperSU. However:
- SuperSU version after rooting was 2.76 so I updated from Play Store to SuperSU 2.78
- I used BusyBox by Stericson though after this ViPER driver still was abnormal
- I read on XDA that SELinux "permissive" is sometimes required to get ViPER driver installed
- Compatability mode is used for Spotify specifically, and disabling the stock com.android.musicfx was just to ensure Spotify definitely didn't use it

Please note however that I am running build F5B_GQ3030AH1_ulefone_20160728 which is not the most recent. Is there a way to update to latest ROM without losing root? Or do I need to unroot, update and reroot?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Author| Post time 2016-10-14 17:05:22 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-23 23:08

See also: http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-296-1-2.html
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list