Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 2818|Reply: 28

[Discussion] Flip cover issues

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2016-10-17 13:27:19 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hi,
I have some issues here with the included flip cover, that came with my metal phone. When I press the power button, the phone's screen goes off. I close the flip cover. If I now open the cover to e.g. check the time, or notifications, etc. (without unlocking!) and close the cover again, the phone's screen doesn't go off. Instead it displays some kind of lock/watch screen. If I open the cover again, the normal unlock screen is presented.

Since the cover provided with the phone doesn't have a transparent window, this behaviour is quite useless and leads to the fact that my screen is on with the cover closed for quite a long time during the day, supposedly eating up lots of battery. I also found out that when carrying the phone in my pocket, the cover activates the sensor from time to time, switching the display on.

Is there a solution to completely deactivate this mysterious lock screen or configure the flip cover behaviour?

Thanks!

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone Metalulefone Fan from Sweden1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-10-17 13:47:25 | Show all posts
Edited by Jocke.Sve at 2016-10-17 06:49

AFAIK there is no other solution (at least at the moment) than buing a third party cover.
I bought a PU leather one from AliExpress for approx 6$ and that issue is gone!

Try here:  https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=ulefone+metal+cover
----
..//Jocke.Sve

Threads

Credits

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-10-17 13:52:27 | Show all posts
Why are other flip covers better? What's the technical difference?

I think this is a software issue, I want to configure the behaviour of the flip cover.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone Metalulefone Fan from Sweden1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-10-17 13:56:42 | Show all posts
On the third party covers there is no sensor magnet that tells the phone to switch the mode to "cover closed" mode.
That little magnet turns on the clock and notification displays automatically.
Third party covers doesn't normally have that "feature"...
----
..//Jocke.Sve

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2016-10-17 14:00:07 | Show all posts
martink replied at 2016-10-17 06:52
Why are other flip covers better? What's the technical difference?

I think this is a software issue ...

BTW:
I totally agree, this behavior should be possible to switch on/off via software.
With original cover it's just stupid to waste power/battery to that!
----
..//Jocke.Sve

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-10-17 14:44:53 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-17 07:48

It's been discussed through earier threads, at those times even Ulefone officials participated (they dissapared a month ago) but didn't offer solution to turn off the useless flip-cover feature:
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-222-1-2.html
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-207-1-2.html
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-166-1-3.html
('spy' screenshot in the first thread, Miles and Jackie from Ulefone in the third).

Btw, the original tempered glass is also weird. It"s few millimeters too short on each side, looking ugly and causing inconvinices for touchscreen usage

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-10-17 16:01:09 | Show all posts
Screen never goes off, when closed the case (but I got used to this), but the worst is screen sometimes (3-4 ot of 10 cases) don't go on, when opened the case. Useless and as it probably never will be solved by Ulefone, I simply stopped using the case.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-10-17 19:51:08 | Show all posts
kejlycz replied at 2016-10-17 16:01
Screen never goes off, when closed the case (but I got used to this), but the worst is screen someti ...

I can not second that, my Metal always turns on when opening the cover. I have flashed the latest ROM.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-10-18 05:22:15 | Show all posts
This is indeed an issue that can easily be solved with a software update, right?

Cheers

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-10-18 16:19:17 | Show all posts
The new cover filnally come...
good quality, good feel on touch it, fit perfectly.
a must buy for ulefone metal owner.
cov1.jpg

cov2.jpg
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list