Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 994|Reply: 1

[Discussion] Ulefone Metal SD card problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-10-18 20:30:25 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
I'm unable to get my Samsung 64Gb SD card to work in my Metal.  I go to setup and choose "Internal use"  I choose erase and format.  Formatting begins at 20% but does not go past 20%.  That's as far as I can get.  I tried with 32Gb TF card and got exactly the same result.  Has anyone managed to make SD card work in Metal and can you walk me through the process Please?  Many thanks.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-10-19 00:05:57 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-10-18 17:17

I rather use SD card as "Portable Storage" - that way apps continue to install to the internal memory, and I can use this SD card for storing music, documents, etc. , plus I can always take it out and back-in to directly copy something on/off the card from another device

Btw, I think it's also faster for system to to have apps on the same internal memory where firmware is. And if you ever need to take out the SD card or replace it by another, you won't have problems with the apps that have been installed to the SD card.

Hint for formatting issue: Try to format the card somewhere else to make sure the card is Ok (you could eventually skip formatting on the Metal if still fails to)

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list