Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: Miles

[Discussion] So, the new update comes by OTA for ulefone Metal

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2016-10-31 00:42:03 | Show all posts
Already got it. However, no changes from my point of view. I also can not confirm better battery stamina.
Thanks to the team! My personal wishlist for the next update includes better battery life, especially during WiFi and 3/4G on. I believe this phone has great hardware, but there is definitely room for improvement regarding software.

All the best

mk

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-10-31 16:21:21 | Show all posts
Why "Application Lock" option is missing from "Settings / Security / Fingerprint"menu? It was present in the original stock ROM Jul/28 between the lines "Add Fingerprint" and "Fingerprint App / Photograph". Mssing "Application Lock" was useful to define which apps will be protected by fingerprint, from running them.

"Application Lock" already dissapeared in test update Oct/19 as reported by @zajc14 in Adware/Malware thread posts #124 and #131, and now in Oct/24 update it got lost again. Why?

Btw, such change was not listed in ChangeLog from UleFone Facebook group, as copied by @rajevic to Addware/Malware, post #181.

In fact, "Application Lock" still exists but it's hidden. As pointed by @zgfg in Adware/Malware, post #136, install QuickShortcutMaker from Google Play, run, find "Application Lock" service, tap on and tap again on "Application Lock" activity to create its Home screen icon (default green droid), and you can use the lost "Application Lock" feature again.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2016-10-31 19:26:24 | Show all posts
Great advise!!! Not only I find again the apllication lock, also I get QuickShortcutMaker that is very useful.
Thanks zgfg!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list