Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 2585|Reply: 14

[Discussion] Fingerprint problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-10-31 22:43:28 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hi to all.
I don't if it's due to ota update, but after ota update, i have many problems with fingerprint sensor.
The sensor often doesn't work, that means that doesn't recognize that i'm touching the sensor.
Before the ota update, sometimes it recognize the wrong fingerprint, but now it seems like the sensor is off.
And if i try to reset my fingerprint, deleting all and adding a new one, i must try many times only to ave a respons edurign the new fingerprint registration.
Any idea or solution about this problem?
Thanks.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-11-1 00:08:25 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I noticed same fingerprint issue after ota update.
Setting finger scan is very slow and have to repeat positioning finger to start new scan.
Have to press repeatedly before anything happens.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2016-11-1 01:54:10 | Show all posts
After OTA update fingerprint sensor has become, fail, then he works on unlocking when the phone is. You raise it to unlock it and he says in response to too many attempts. Either you put a finger on the sensor, he quickly starts to vibrate a few times and, again, he says that does not recognize and remove too many attempts! ?? What's the matter???
And return the function menu Application Lock.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-1 05:14:40 | Show all posts
Fingerprint problems began already with the test OTA upgrade Oct/19. Since I used it only for short, I thught it was just my subjective feeling. Now, apparently, the others have also similar observations with the official OTA Oct/24.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Author| Post time 2016-11-1 05:27:33 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The strange thing is that if the metal is connected to charger,  the fingerprint sensor work fine. But if i disconnect the power cable it stop to work.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-1 20:30:20 | Show all posts
Hello everyone,

i got a feeling that fingerprint scanner in my device is dead, cause its not responding. cannot register new prints or recognize old ones when i got them, hey i even try new set of fingers but no go

and this happen after OTA update

so my question is there a way to check this sensor somehow maybe at engineer mode or some application, secret code i dont know.

Anyone got a point is it even possible?

after returning to stock rom same issues scanner not working

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-1 20:31:00 | Show all posts
bucho74 replied at 2016-11-1 05:27
The strange thing is that if the metal is connected to charger,  the fingerprint sensor work fine. B ...

no not working for me on charger

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-1 20:36:07 | Show all posts
It works same fine (or same bad, about 20% of cases working, rest not scanning at all, or fingerprint not recognized) on charger and disconnected and before and after OTA.
You can try to make factory reset and see, if if works better then.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-1 20:47:56 | Show all posts
kejlycz replied at 2016-11-1 20:36
It works same fine (or same bad, about 20% of cases working, rest not scanning at all, or fingerprin ...

i reset to factory settings couple of times already and nothing better. in the app store i cant find any tool to check the sensor. seems like its the worst side of this phone.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-1 22:03:08 | Show all posts
Edited by kejlycz at 2016-11-1 15:04

I was able to test fingerprint scanner with the apps :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hibernate.v2.testyourandroid
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhkr8521.fingerprinttest

BTW: the worst side is Wi-Fi, it has very limited range and speed, compared to my previous phones.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list