Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: bucho74

[Discussion] Fingerprint problem

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-2 05:07:39 | Show all posts
kejlycz replied at 2016-11-1 22:03
I was able to test fingerprint scanner with the apps :
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id ...

i tried these apps thanks but due to my scanner cant register fingerprints it cannot test nothing, so assuming this my scanner is probably broken,

i let it rest for a couple of days and then see if its working

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Author| Post time 2016-11-2 05:25:00 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by bucho74 at 2016-11-2 15:46

I have tried the 2apps and i confirm that the fingerprint sensor work very fine if the metal is in charge,  but if the power cable is unplugged the sensor seems to be disable,  it doesn't recognize anything , both wrong or rigth finger.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from ItalyHappy Halloween1K Forum Members

Author| Post time 2016-11-3 01:38:32 | Show all posts
Edited by bucho74 at 2016-11-3 01:52

Hi. A quick update. I usualy take my smartpone in a pocket on my trousers. today i take my metal and it was in factory mode status, with auto-test function selected. Ok, i have tested all hardware (bypassing some sensors).
After the reboot i have tried all the functions to see if all work fine (gps, data connection, wifi, etc...)
I also have tried the fingerprint sensor and now works very fine, better than before the ota update (both with or without the power cable plugged in).
I don't know why the metal has been rebooted in factory mode (maybe i've pressed the buttons when it was in my pocket), but it worked for me. So, you could try.
Hi

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-3 02:10:31 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
bucho74 replied at 2016-11-3 01:38
Hi. A quick update. I usualy take my smartpone in a pocket on my trousers. today i take my metal and ...

Oh great find you can enter these menu vol down + power.glad it works for you.
I quickly tested my fingerprint scanner and it says that it is not connected. Why is that and how can i connect it. I guess its disconnected at the mobo or there is a switch somewhere?

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-11-3 02:27:14 | Show all posts
Edited by bucho74 at 2016-11-3 05:04
bluesjunkie replied at 2016-11-3 02:10
Oh great find you can enter these menu vol down + power.glad it works for you.
I quickly tested my ...

I don't know. I started this procedure without want it, but before this procedure my fingerprint sensor already worked in some way, not well but worked.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list