Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 731|Reply: 5

[Consulting] Application access

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metal

Post time 2016-11-2 18:06:29 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hello everyone. I have recently recieved this beautiful phone and I am still exploring it. I need some advice regarding a feature. I am wondering if there is a way to assign access to certain applications through fingerprint or PIN code. Not starting the app itself (I have found this), but rather when the application starts it would ask for fingerprint or code comfirmation.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-2 19:37:43 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-3 10:15

@AndreasK: Please read about Application Lock:

post #12 in "So, the new update comes by OTA for ulefone Metal" thread :
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-373-2-1.html

posts #124 and #136 in "Adware/Malware" thread:
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-205-1-1.html

In short, install QuickShortcutMaker from Google Play, run, tap on Application Lock line (service), Application Lock activity will display below - tap on and create a shortcut for Application Lock (green droid on the Home Screen). From that icon you can open the hidden Application Lock.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-11-2 20:07:15 | Show all posts
Thank you, I will look into it later.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-11-3 13:55:57 | Show all posts
Many thanks zgfg. The method you described did the trick, although the functionality of fingerprint was not according to my desire. The problems I found were:

-I have to activate screen lock in order to have permission to unlock an app. My desire was not to have screen lock, rather have some sensitive apps require fingerprint unlock. When I thought this through, I realised it made sense. If a phone is unlocked, someone could easily modify or delete the security setings of the fingerprint, so fingerprint lock should be accompanied by screen lock.
-On the other hand, when I do activate screen lock and have an application request fingerprint, a bug appears. The said application does require fingerprint, but if I don't enter it, the application unlocks anyway 2 seconds later (I don't even touch the sensor). This bug might be related to the fingerprint issue I have been reading on the latest update.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-3 15:49:34 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-3 09:15
AndreasK replied at 2016-11-3 06:55
Many thanks zgfg. The method you described did the trick, although the functionality of fingerprint  ...

Strange, I just tested with like fifteen apps, and if locked none of them could be opened without a fingerprint (or by other method, pattern). Phone, Messaging, Browser, Calendar, GMail, Google Drive, Quarantine, BuildProp Editor, etc - locking works correctly for all of them.

But then I found three specific apps (not for ordinary lusers ) that indeed ignore locking: MTK Engineering Mode ad Kernel Adiutor - they just open by ignoring the fingerprint lock. Terminal Emulator displays the lock but if i tap on the terminal notification icon, lock is ignored and I can start typing.

Which apps ignored the fingerrprint lock in your tests?
PS: Besides, there are apps that Application Lock does not even list and therfore they cannot be protected.: Camera, PlayStore, Settings and the Application Lock itself.

Maybe, Ulefone knew the problems and intentionallly removed Application Lock from Fingerprint Settings

Threads

Credits

Credits

Author| Post time 2016-11-4 15:46:53 | Show all posts
My i-banking application (from a local bank in my country) was visible in application lock and I did lock it. When I started it, it begins with fingerprint request, but after a few seconds it moves to the start screen of the application (where I insert user/pass). Other applications do lock as you describe. Strange indeed.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list