Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 1454|Reply: 14

[Discussion] Ulefone Metal Sensors Stopped Working

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-8 01:25:12 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Hello guys,

All my sensors stopped working after the OTA update.

Proximity sensor, accelerometer etc. None of them works after the OTA update madeon 26th of october.

I tried the sensor box app and it gives me all the info about the sensors but no data is collected in any of them. The worst implication is when making calls where the screen is not turning off (as mentioned on other thread in here), also, the accelerometer is impacting on image viewing as i cannot see them on landscape, only portrait.

The phone as never fallen or anything else.

Best Regards,
João Ribeiro

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-8 01:32:41 | Show all posts
Had the same problem. Tried sensor box but didn't work
I could reset the sensor using Proximity Sensor Reset/Repair
Just reset and restart your Phone.
That did the trick for me.

Hope this helps for you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobiledirection.proximitysensorreset&hl=nl

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-8 02:02:29 | Show all posts
stiefel replied at 2016-11-8 01:32
I could reset the sensor using Proximity Sens ...

Thanks for the help but it didnt work.

Cheers

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Portugal1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-11-8 02:13:16 | Show all posts
Edited by jfcoelho at 2016-11-8 02:15

Hi,

Looks like everyone is posting possible bugs in new threads, but wasn't it supposed to post in this thread, maybe in an enumarated list?http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-389-1-1.html

This way all the possible bugs of the new ROM would be centralized in one thread. I think this would be better for all users and Ulefone Devs.

Threads

Credits

Credits

ulefone MetalThanksgiving Day1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-11-8 04:13:30 | Show all posts
i suggest you to reinstall the rom again, and then install the update if problem continues then dont install the update. i had problems no with the sensors but with the fingerprint

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-8 04:24:40 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-7 21:30
jfcoelho replied at 2016-11-7 19:13
Hi,

Looks like everyone is posting possible bugs in new threads, but wasn't it supposed to post in  ...

@jfcoelho: If you really want to clean issues and to help Ulefone to resolve them, please don't mix all of them under a single topic. If you work in development (commercial or open source), specially in testing/QA, you would understand how and why.

For each issue it is beneficial if one (specially a newcomer) easily and quickly understad what was really a problem (and if it really was), under which conditions it happens, and if there was a workaround to resolve.

If everybody reports under a single thread about everything, then it goes to chaos. E.g., person A reports on problem A, B reports on problem B, and C replies: "No problem for me, because of this and that". After two weks you cannot recall diid C commented solution for problem A or B.

Also, there are cases when people falsly report because they are unfamiliar or something. If reported separately, advices by Forum members will be helpful for others if they can later search and find them under the appropriate Subjects.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Portugal

Post time 2016-11-8 06:06:01 | Show all posts
Hi. A problem with a sensor could be hardware malfunction, but all sensors not working is strange.

The most certain thing is to be a software problem. A factory reset can work.

Threads

Credits

Super moderator

Credits

1K Forum Membersulefone Teamulefone FB Followerulefone Twitter Followerulefone Youtube FollowerManagement Teamulefone Metalulefone Viennaulefone Powerulefone Parisulefone U007ulefone Be Touch 3ulefone Be Touch 2

Post time 2016-11-8 17:44:57 | Show all posts
Thanks for your feedback, you can try restarting the phone and it will work fine. If the problem persists, we will provide feedback to the engineer to verify the problem.

Threads

Credits

Super moderator

Credits

1K Forum Membersulefone Teamulefone FB Followerulefone Twitter Followerulefone Youtube FollowerManagement Teamulefone Metalulefone Viennaulefone Powerulefone Parisulefone U007ulefone Be Touch 3ulefone Be Touch 2

Post time 2016-11-8 17:46:21 | Show all posts
stiefel replied at 2016-11-8 01:32
I could reset the sensor using Proximity Sens ...

@stiefel .Yes, after the upgrade, restart will solve some of the sensors do not work.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Portugal1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-11-8 20:11:29 | Show all posts
zgfg replied at 2016-11-8 04:24
@jfcoelho: If you really want to clean issues and to help Ulefone to resolve them, please don't mix ...

@zgzf
In fact i am a consultant/developer in IT, so i know what you are trying to say.

Maybe i haven't choosed my words wisely. I just tried to remember that there is a thread to keep track of issues. I see new threads being opened, but nothing is being added to the other thread.

And i agree with you in a way.
However, the chaos you mention already happens.
There is an explosion of threads, some of them about the same subject, others cross-referencing subjetcs in distinct threads.

The biggest advantage to have all listed in one place is that none of the issues will be forgotten.

In my opinion, there should be a moderated section in the forum (with reply only permissions for common users like me), listing all known (possible) issues, in categories/threads as you mentioned, but yeah, in this case there is the need to have an active forum moderator.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list