Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 1163|Reply: 7

[Discussion] Share battery usage

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-10 18:24:08 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by obert0n at 2016-11-10 18:25

Hello,

I would like to share our battery usage since I think I noticed something that keeps draining my battery.
I have used "BetterBatteryStats (BBS)" in order to monitor the phone battery usage.
So, to get some valid infos about the different battery drain in different scenarions I defined some usecases:
  • Normal usage o the phone (Wifi/Data connection ON all the time, Bluetooth ON, All apps that need internet will sync free, FM Radio, etc) followed with observations of the processes, wake locks and other factors that keep the phone from going to Deep Sleep when not used.
  • First portion of the day starts with normal usage  (Wifi/Data connection ON all the time, Bluetooth ON, All apps that need internet will sync free, etc) (here we store some info about the batter consumption) followed by light usage (Wifi/Data connection OFF, Bluetooth OFF, all apps processes closed) and take another measurement;
The 1st usage will give a battery time close to 1day, which is poor concerning the size of the battery.
The 2nd usage will be just marginally better, which suggests that there is something that keeps draining battery.

Bellow you can see some screens from BSS in which can be seen that the portion when the battery drainage starts is the same with the "leds wakelock".
Would be great to see some other screens from othe usser to see if the issue is the same for all of us.

PS: Please read the descriptions on the screenshots.

LE: As a note, the "leds wakelock" appears to happen when some app generates a notification. Maybe the devs can give us some informations about this issue.

Summary during Mode 2

Summary during Mode 2

Kenel wakelocks during the Mode 2 (all consumers OFF)

Kenel wakelocks during the Mode 2 (all consumers OFF)

Kernel wakelock before entering the Mode 2

Kernel wakelock before entering the Mode 2

Summary after night with battery 100% and all the consumers disabled (Somehow like Mode 2)

Summary after night with battery 100% and all the consumers disabled (Somehow like Mode 2)

Mode 1: Battery ussage per process

Mode 1: Battery ussage per process

Mode 1: Kernel Wakelocks

Mode 1: Kernel Wakelocks

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-10 19:55:09 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-10 12:56

>> As a note, the "leds wakelock" appears when some app sends notification

Apparently, LED notifications should be for missed calls and messages, but Ulefone Metal has no Notification LED (and no backlight on the Home button to serve for the notifications instead).

Are you running a non-stock Dialer or SMS application?
Have you noticed that you have had unread messages of particular type (GMail, Facebook, etc.)?

Supposedly, you have no (rooted phone and) Xposed/GravityBox, tweaks for (non-existing) LED notifications?

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-10 21:05:14 | Show all posts
The phone is rooted + xposed + gravity box. But I have no option related to the LED notification enabled in any app.
Anyway, this is a Kernel wakelock so it's not related to any app (partial wakelock), so I think that the problem should be resolved in a future update. This is the purpose of this thread, to find out if any other users noticed this behavior.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-11 04:01:30 | Show all posts
obert0n replied at 2016-11-10 14:05
The phone is rooted + xposed + gravity box. But I have no option related to the LED notification ena ...

Little off-topic
One of my goals for the investigation on HowTo Xposed
HTTP://forum.ulefone.com/thread-296-1-2.html

was to flook for an Xposed/GravityBox tweak to substitute the missing Notifications LED, but Metal has no backlight on Home button either, hence Ultimate Notifications Control cannot be applied.

@obertOn, pls make sure you have UNC disabled in the GravityBox

At least, simple FlashOnCall (Google Play, no Root required) can be used for camera LED to flash on calls and messages, which is useful for muted audio profiles

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-11 04:11:53 | Show all posts
Thank your for your interest in this topic, seems like no one else is willing to post a print screen from the above app (root required anyway).
I'm quite careful when comes to tweaking the android settings. I will post another screen with the results of the battery life on the Soft usage mode.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-11 05:03:56 | Show all posts
Here are some other screens with the battery usage. I will take a look into the published kernel code and see if something will pop up for me.
Have a great day.

Screenshot_20161110-224932.png

Once again the leds wakelock keeps the phone from entering to deep sleep

Once again the leds wakelock keeps the phone from entering to deep sleep
Screenshot_20161110-225014.png
Screenshot_20161110-225049.png

It is clear that he phone was on even if the screen was turned off

It is clear that he phone was on even if the screen was turned off

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2016-11-11 06:17:14 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-14 18:34
obert0n replied at 2016-11-10 22:03
Here are some other screens with the battery usage. I will take a look into the published kernel cod ...

If you think that LEDs Wakelock is really from kernel, you can safely replace the stock kernel by Jonny's DarkSense (backup Boot in TWRP and install DS ZIP), and later you can safely restore the stock kernel back (restore Boot partition)
http://forum.ulefone.com/thread-378-1-1.html

It didn't affect me Root, Xposed, V4A, nothing, there were only two disadvantages while testin Dark Sense , camera didn't work with, and double-spaced to wake up. If you can"t open the above dev topic, you can find it also on XDA.  
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ... l-kernel-1-t3490790

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2016-11-15 01:39:26 | Show all posts
obert0n replied at 2016-11-10 22:03
Here are some other screens with the battery usage. I will take a look into the published kernel cod ...

I was running Amplify (Xposed) for 5 days, capturing all Wakelocks and Alarms, and it didn't capture any "LED..." wakelock at all (I can search through all the captured ones).

Btw, there is also nothing suspicious in my Battery consumption graph.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list