Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 666|Reply: 4

[Consulting] Unresponsive black screen

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-17 01:58:56 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Hello,

Yesterday I received a new Ulefone Vienna from Gearbest.com
First I fully charged the phone, turn on the phone and I got notification for OTA update (from Android 5.1).
It updated ok, rebooted the phone and I only got unresponsive black screen... just like here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/652111-unresponsive-black-screen.html

Video:
https://youtu.be/LP4sD3AAWEA

The temporary solutions for "black screen of death"  supposed to be,  "volume down + power" button trick, but did not helpped.
So I follow the instruction for Vienna flashing and flashed to the latest official Vienna Android 6.0.
First it looks like everithing is fine now and that the flashing to Vienna Android 6.0 resolved the problem.
Today same thing happend again but now the "volume down + power" button trick helped, and the phone soon restarted and now it woorks fine again....
... but for how long ?!

Many users complaining abaut the same problem (Samsung, Ulefone, Nexus...) so it has to be software error ?
This is a serious problem that could cast a negative light on the manufacturer, so please fix this error as soon as posible.

Come on...  I bought a new phone and to get it into a functioning state I spent 6 hours !!! (and I now stuff like flashing and so on...).
Imagine how stressful could be for regullar user ??!

Regards

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-17 02:12:44 | Show all posts
Someone reported a sollution about that problem and maybe is worth of checking:

"I have the same problem and i have found the solution!!! i been working on this for months and the problem is caused by..... the App Power Saving Mode!!!! When you turn off this feature the problem is solved on my phone and it seems that some apps cant handle this when you have then set at power saving."

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-17 02:51:44 | Show all posts
Some solutions and tips are here:

http://www.blogtechtips.com/2015/06/30/galaxy-s6-black-screenvibrating-restarting-not-turning-on-or-boot-loop-issue-fix/

1. power button + the Volume down (it should reboot)

2. go to recovery mode and wipe the cache partition (if repeated of black screen at mine I will tray this).

3. Another thing about power button issue  --  If all else fails you may have a power button issue and it’s basically stuck, in such a case what you will need to do is to give it a firm smack around the power button while the phone is off. Be careful not to damage your phone as only moderate force is needed and what you can use is to smack it in your palm around the power button area or get a soft covered book that can absorb impact and smack it a bit. Also use your fingers to nudge the power button a bit repeatedly and try powering on the phone.

4. Drain the battery of your phone to 0% percent it will take some effort, when it drains completely be sure to still press the power button and hold to drain any possible residual energy that lingers in the device. Next charge your phone from a completely dead state and attempt to power on again. What this does is like in the past with this issue is to drain all power from the device which is easier than disassembling the device to disconnect the battery. I really don’t know why Samsung switched from a removable battery.

5. Enter recovery mode but this time you will need to wipe and factory reset your Samsung Galaxy S6, this method is a last resort and be warned that you will lose your data if it’s not backed up but it may be your only option in the end so use this option carefully or think it through first.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-23 17:15:48 | Show all posts
Again after 6 days unresponsive black screen ... "volume down + power" button trick helped...

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-4-7 12:52:11 | Show all posts
hi, did you solve this problem?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list