Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 1049|Reply: 6

[Consulting] Metal: trouble out of the box

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-25 03:22:22 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Just received Ulefone Metal a couple a days ago.
It's a pitty but I am not possible to switch it on out of the box.
1. Tried to charge it with a battery charger (from Ulefone, from other brands) but it don't switch on even after 24 hours charging.

2. Connected the phone to the PC with a usb cable, it appears in device manager for 3-5 seconds, after that dissappears.

3. installed drivers from ulefone site, tried to update the software with a latest one, but I'm not lucky.

Tried offical update tool and mtk update tool, have received the following errors - they are in attached files.
Please tell me - what is wrng with the phone, and how it could be repaired.

metal_trouble.jpg
met2.jpg
met3.jpg

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-25 05:16:09 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-24 22:43

Maybe I"m wrong but for flashing I always turn on USB Debugging, I don't now could you flash by SP FlashTool if you cannot start the phone first to enable USB Debugging.

When you put it to the charger, does the screen show battery charging?
Have you also tried charging with the lower amperage, by USB cable connected  to PC.

When you try to boot, does it vibrate shortly (first it must vibrate very shortly, then it must display Ulefone, and only then it willl start booting the System).

Also, instead of booting the System, have you tried booting to Recovery, by pressing Vol+ and Power simultaneously? It should give you three options, Recovery, Fastboot and System, Vol+ circles between and Vol- enters an option.

Also, for SP Flash Tool, phone must be completely Off. Maybe, when you try to boot but it fails tto (if it shortly vibrates) and it still keeps running in a limbo. To make sure that it really goes Off, keep pressing Power button for several seconds, it must vibrate (much longer than on booting), and only then you are sure that it has switched Off.
You could also keep it in that failed-boot 'running' state for two or more days until it completely empties the battery, and then try to charge and boot again. Sometimes it helps to Android phones with similar symptoms.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-25 14:31:53 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
1. When I press the power button - tere is no reaction - vibration or something else.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-25 14:36:00 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
2. There is no charging logo, when charger connected, tried to charge with different chargers and by usb cable from pc. 3. When i try to boot there is no reaction. How should i follow in this cas e?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-11-25 14:51:59 | Show all posts
olegk replied at 2016-11-25 07:36
2. There is no charging logo, when charger connected, tried to charge with different chargers and by ...

Try long pressing Power button to 'shut-down" and booting to Recovery - see my previous response. But from your description it seems it is really dead, sorry.

There are USB dongles like for few bucks  to measure voltage and current between charger and USB cable, do you have somebody with, to measure if the phone takes any current from charger when you connect it.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-11-25 18:13:52 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Thnks for your reply. I allready tried to press power button for 1,2,3,10,29,60 seconds =).  Allready tried booting in recovery mode but without any result. All I see - shortly appear of phone in windows device menager when I connect it to pc with usb cable. As i found on 4pda.ru - it is possible to unbrick the phone but with disconnected battery. In my case - I dont want to open the case, because it is a new phone, designed with internal not removable battary.

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Post time 2016-11-25 22:14:13 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-11-25 15:15
olegk replied at 2016-11-25 11:13
Thnks for your reply. I allready tried to press power button for 1,2,3,10,29,60 seconds =).  Allread ...

Instead of disconnecting the battery (you can't open it), I suggested you to try emptying the battery.
But all this can only help if phone was really bricked by software - your phone does not even react on Power button (no vibration to precede booting), and it doesn't recognize the charger.

It looks like hardware (battery?) problem. Unfortunately, you will need to open (sooner, the better) dispute with your on-line seller (?), but it might be complicated to ship the phone back, etc ;(
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list