Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: Kevinmthompson

[Consulting] Today's OTA update

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-15 22:06:28 | Show all posts
Thanks.  Yes the "I think" part is the part I'm worried about also.  For the next couple of weeks, whatever phone I take may be the only comm device I will have with me, so I really don't want to have that one device be something that I'm worried about using ...

Jim

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-12-15 23:23:14 | Show all posts
ohaya replied at 2016-12-15 13:53
Hi,

Ok, thanks - didn't see that button at the top.

ROMs, drivers, SP Flash
http://www.needrom.com/download/ulefone-metal/

Drivers, SP Flash, How-to flash
http://www.gizbeat.com/10733/ule ... -ulefone-metal-root

Btw, Oct24 and Sep12 (my preference) are both malware-free (Search, Opera services removed), However ALL those ROMs (incl. the latest Nov17 do contain the problematic Adupts.FOTA service for OTA upgrades).

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Portugal1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-12-15 23:53:01 | Show all posts
@zgzf
"However ALL those ROMs"

Including stock ROM, right?
At least i can see those services in my device (with stock ROM). And i think they self update by their own...

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-16 04:15:48 | Show all posts
I wasn't that familiar with Ulefone, as a manufacturer, and still am not, but as a consumer, I think they have "shot themselves in the foot", esp. with this malware thing has "poisoned the well" for me.  As I said earlier, I don't feel "safe" with this phone anymore, not for "real" use anyway.  If it was practical to return it to the seller, I would, at this point, but it's just not worth it, so it might as well be a brick.  

Lesson learned ...

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list