Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: Invicto7v

[Discussion] Problem with touch screen

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Membersulefone MetalGiveaway Participants

Post time 2016-12-17 01:20:00 | Show all posts
It's not a good news if they think it's an hardware problem.
The fact that it is working badly since the update for many people shows that it is caused by the update. That means they have damaged the hardware by the software?!!! It seems strange.

I'm waiting for an official reply from Ulefone.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Post time 2016-12-17 08:08:57 | Show all posts
I really hope that an update is released soon and that this problem is fixed with it, it seems strange that the phones we're working fine and now, after the update, "it's an hardware issue".

But Ulefone support service seems to know less than me about phones, I've told them that I had already flashed the previous version of the firmware, that the problem persists with all versions since the update and their response was:

Hello,
Thanks for your message.
Please have a factory data reset: Settings-backup&reset.

If it can't help, there will be the hardware problem and you need firstly present your complaints to the shop/ retailer, and if they could not solve it, they will come to us for help, we had made agreement with them about that.

Have a nice day.
service@ulefone.com

After two emails saying that I've flashed and re-flashed all the software builds available, they tell me to do a factory reset? Really?

Well, now it seems we have to wait and see...

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Author| Post time 2016-12-17 09:22:29 | Show all posts
Well I buy 2 ulefone metal from gearbest and update only 1 phone with the last update of the firmware. Only this phone with the last update have problems with the touch screen... the another one with the previous firmware work perfect !

So if the problem is the hardware I dont give a shit ! The problem come with the last firmware update, so Ulefone must fix that crap !

with factory data reset get the last firmware and is the same...

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Post time 2016-12-19 02:18:24 | Show all posts
Well guys, I'm here to give an update on this touchscreen issues so many of us are complaining about.

For those who have seen my posts regarding this issue in this and other threads, you already know I've contacted Ulefone and got a "standard" reply, saying that it seemed an hardware problem, after sending them a screen recording video showing my problems:
https://youtu.be/tPvjMmdoGZ4

Earlier today I was in my car, listening to Spotify via Bluetooth connection to my car stereo and the phone was in my pocket.
When I stopped, I was using the phone, and noticed that the screen was working great, no freezes, not assuming touches by itself, it was just great, as it used to be before the update of 17-11-2016.
I also noticed that the phone was warmer than usual, since it had been working for a while during the car trip.
As soon as it cooled off, the problems returned, the fact that the phone is made of metal helps it being so cold all the time, especially when it's not being used.

I'd already seen someone in other forum talking about this problem and relating it to temperature, now I'm certain that that's the problem causer. When the phone is hot, you can try this for yourself and then give me feedback, the screen seems to work flawlessly. When it's cold (most of the times, especially now that it's winter), the touchscreen is just unusable.

Please give it a try, put something running for a couple of minutes till the phone gets hotter, I'd say around ~25ºC and then make some tests, give me your feedback.

If this is the problem it probably can be fixed by changing something in the sensibility settings, I don't know, but I hope to see it fixed as soon as possible.

Hope it helps all of you and Ulefone to find and fix this problem.
Best regards to all!

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-12-19 05:07:54 | Show all posts
ruka86 replied at 2016-12-19 02:18
Well guys, I'm here to give an update on this touchscreen issues so many of us are complaining about ...

I tried it. I cooled my phone to 8°C and the touchscreen work fine and of course in 20°C also fine. Maybe the touch screen driver not same in all model. Anyone know app which can identify the runing drivers?

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Post time 2016-12-19 05:29:21 | Show all posts
janek69 replied at 2016-12-18 21:07
I tried it. I cooled my phone to 8°C and the touchscreen work fine and of course in 20°C also fi ...

Well that's bad news...

I really hope it's a driver problem, because if it's an hardware problem, a new display will cost me around 40$...

I don't know how to check the drivers or where they are installed...

Threads

Credits

Credits

ulefone Metal

Post time 2016-12-19 05:54:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Invicto7v replied at 2016-12-17 09:22
Well I buy 2 ulefone metal from gearbest and update only 1 phone with the last update of the firmwar ...

I have ulefone metal and touch screen is better with the last update. I am sure you have a hardware problem.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Post time 2016-12-19 06:04:39 | Show all posts
Ok, so I think I found something.  

You need root to see this.

Directory: /proc/android_touch/

In this folder I have a file called "hitouch"

If you use a text editor you can see the version of the driver.

Mine says: "Himax Touch Driver 0.1.6.0"

Also have a file named "vendor". Open in text editor.

Mine says: "Himax852xes_FW:0xe5,0_CFG:0x33_SensorId:0x22"

Please check this on your phones if possible... It would be a great help

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-12-19 07:56:41 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-12-19 01:49
ruka86 replied at 2016-12-18 23:04
Ok, so I think I found something.  

You need root to see this.

I have different vendor file content:
Himax852xes_FW:0xe4,11_CFG:0x7_SensorId:0x22

I never upgraded to Nov17,  and I never had any touch-screen issues.  I had stock Jul28,  later I flashed NeedROM Sep12 and Oct19. Recently I installed Eragon 1.0

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits
Post time 2016-12-19 08:08:28 | Show all posts
Edited by ruka86 at 2016-12-19 00:34
zgfg replied at 2016-12-18 23:56
I have different vendor file content:
Himax852xes_FW:0xe4,11_CFG:0x7_SensorId:0x22

We may have found the problem, the component is the same, the FW version is different.

Now, does anybody knows if there is a way to change the touchscreen firmware?

Is it possible that they've changed something in the drivers of the touch screen and this firmware version is not compatible and is causing problems?

I'd love to see this fixed, now with the ROM from M.A.D. team this is the only problem my phone has!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list