Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 795|Reply: 2

[Discussion] "Multi window" option on new ROMs releases

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone Metalulefone Fan from Portugal1K Forum Members

Post time 2017-1-11 20:53:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I wonder if Metal users would like to have "multi window".
If I saw it right, to activate multi window feature on mobile phones is really easy. We just need to get ROOT, change build.prop and activate the option under "Developer options", like this:
http://wccftech.com/enable-multi-window-in-android-6-marshmallow/

Anyone already tried it?
I have no idea if this Ulefone ROM has the right API level/version for this.

As a personal request, if any Ulefone team member or custom ROM developer reads this, please try to activate this option so that "UNROOTED" users may use this feature.

Single Polls, Total 9 Users voted

Poll is finished

44.44% (4)
55.56% (5)
Your User group have no permission to vote

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-1-12 03:49:04 | Show all posts
It's possible to edit build.prop, when /system is mounted from recovery, it definitely works on all custom recoveries, but also on some stock recoveries. Don't be confused about mentioning TWRP in the article, it's just about possibility to mount /system from recovery, most stock recoveries can't do this, but Ulefone Melat stock recovery can:-)
Haven't tried by myself, I don't have flash drivers istalled and it would take too long on Windows 10.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/ed ... b-in-twrp-recovery/

Comments

Looks like efforts for drivers/ADB equals to drivers/SPFlashTool/TWRP/SupersSU, while the 2nd also opens a door for modding, custom ROMs, etc  Post time 2017-1-12 17:58
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list