Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 272|Reply: 1

[Reviews] what the actual F?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-1-18 21:11:16 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Well.... After 4,5 years of owning a cheap china phone the battery broke and there was no replacement for it, so i started searching for a phone with a long battery life.
I found the Ulefone Power which at the time looked like a good deal.... Man was I WRONG!!!
I ordered the phone, received it in good order and tried to place the screen protector only to find out that it was impossible to get it right without dust trapped under it, but hè, could just be me...
I immediately updated it to Android 6.0, so there would be no data loss, which proved to be much harder then the YT movie did suggest.
Using the phone revealed that people hardly could hear me, and whatever i tried, the microphone was not loud enough, not with the build in mic, nor the headset and even a Bluetooth headset did not work, it was just to faint to hear me.
Tried the helpdesk, but they didn't seem to understand the problem so no help there.
Went on google and after a lot of searches i found that by altering settings in a triple hidden menu it was possible to alter settings for the microphone.
After a lot of trial and error set all the settings to maximum and for the first time since i had the phone people could hear me properly!!!  
In the mean time did charge the phone a couple of times only to find out that the maximum charge it could take was just over 4000MAmp/h, no matter how empty the battery was, and although the battery last a long time, the promised 6050 MAmp/h is a lie IMHO.
Next there is the matter if the fingerprint recognition, which isn't all that great, its much easier and faster to just type a code...
Next there is the bloatware, which started after the webview update, every time i switched on my phone there were full page advertisements which were impossible to get rid of and if you touched the screen, wherever it took you to sites where you had to pay for apps you don't want...
Again, google helped and after a lot of cursing i found out it was the webview update which was the culprit.
After removing it the phone worked well for a time but a few weeks ago i started to get messages which told me to update my wireless app.
It was not clear whether this was an  official update or not so i chose to ignore it for a week or 2, after which i investigated and found out that it seemed to be official from Ulefone, so i downloaded it, plugged in the charger (just i case) and tried to install it....
After some time the phone rebooted and went into the broken android screen... Did i just brick my phone with an official update?
(after the steam out of my ears started to pull up so i could see) I tried to restart the phone... nothing, went about keeping the start button down and after 20 or so seconds the phone restarted and all seemed well.
Since then i notice that sometimes there is a wait symbol on the screen, like the phone is working hard on something but that goes away quickly and it seems to work fine. This week it started nagging about the wireless update again....  so i OK'ed it, and wanted to download it but the phone did not seem to be able to make contact and start the download, not over wireless, not over the 3G network, it just came back with the epic:" cannot make a connection" although internet and so fort worked perfect....  Beats me!
Yesterday suddenly it decided to offer me all kinds of bloatware again, today it offered me to uninstall a mediaplayer because it might be harmful for my phone, which was a surprise for me, because i did not searched, looked, wanted, downloaded nor installed such player...
And just before typing this review it started offering me all kinds of apps which i also do not want, nor requested...
As it is clear, i'm quit fed up with this phone, right now i'm considering going back to a Nokia 3110, just to get rid of all this shite.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-5-3 01:43:30 | Show all posts
So I have at least two of the same issues....I get offered apps like "Flashlight" (which seems to want huge set of permissions!) about 4-7 times at startup (I did not find how this started...do you have a clue?) and I cannot load the wireless update without it crashing my Android character has a broken guts screen hahaha.
This inability to load an update MIGHT be due to my phone being encrypted (using the service that comes on the phone) as it crashes at the first hurdle every time I try...of course a reset or two later it does resume (I first thought I'd bricked it!)
So HOW do I stop the stupid apps from asking to be installed (like the flashlight app) and HOW do I complete an update on an ENCRYPTED phone ??
I looked briefly but couldn't even find a way to un-encrypt the phone to try again...

thanks in advance for any help...
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list