Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 478|Reply: 4

[Discussion] GPS accuracy (inaccurate position)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-2-13 18:47:22 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Has anybody (now that we have a TWRP and root guide) try to fix GPS. My GPS jumps all over the place and it's not accurate. It's seems that GPS randomly losing GPS fix. Than again it's connect (fix) again in cca. 15sek.  I get fix in around 30sec. (on GPS application start), but is far away from my location (no trees, no building just clear sky). The funny thing is I sit on a bench in the park and GPS is showing me that I move (more than 10km/h!!!).

So my GPS is useless.

BTW: I tried every possible combination (software, wifi, A-gps found in this forum. I tried with MTK tools, but don't have root access) and its not fixing my problem.

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-3-3 19:18:04 | Show all posts
I have the solution: simply plug the converter cable (included with the phone) into the audio jack. It serves as an antenna for GPS. The fix is done in less than 10s.

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-3-7 16:14:15 | Show all posts
I must say well done, someone is taking a time to investigate an issue with poor GPS. This tell us that Armor has a problem with bad antenna (hardware issue). But there is always a but. I bought a phone for my sailing tour and this solution is in my case a bad idea (unusable because I buy a waterproof phone, which is not anymore if I use your solution).
Ok for car navigation or in door navigation. But I need navigation for sailing ... In other words, I could buy anyother phone ex. Paris which has a very good GPS reception, but I didn't. WHY? SAILING ....

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-8-6 04:32:03 | Show all posts
No GPS problems with build GQ3268AH_Ulefone_V1.0.12_20170518

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-8-6 16:12:59 | Show all posts
Yes. With Version 2 and Update GQ3268AH_Ulefone_V1.0.12_20170518 GPS is better than befor!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list