Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: Jackie

Development Of Ulefone Metal ROMs With Kernel Code

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway ParticipantsGiveaway Winnerulefone Fan from Spain1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-11-2 16:52:47 | Show all posts
Lucky76 replied at 2016-9-24 23:12
Hi all

I have booting CM13 for Metal......

Thanks! =)

If you want I can be a tester for your roms.
I love Cyanogenmod

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-3 03:01:28 | Show all posts
I tried the CM13 build.
It appears very fluid and stable so far. GPS is also working solid.
One problem: Bluetooth Audio is not working properly, i tried 2 devices: I had issues pairing, once paired audio is not coming through and playing applications seem to hang due to audio output failing.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Membersulefone Fan from Spain

Post time 2016-12-7 01:35:55 | Show all posts
Is there any new progress in CM13 implementation?

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2016-12-12 04:16:23 | Show all posts
Edited by tuleggi at 2016-12-12 04:31

I subscribe to the thread, looking forward CM(14 please!) on Ulefone Metal!!!
PS: please correct the battery drain of the stock ROM, thanks

Threads

Credits

Credits

ulefone Metal

Post time 2016-12-19 21:58:34 | Show all posts
Good morning (or good night) friends. I am writing this message to ask you to update the Ulefone Metal kernel.

What happens next, it seems that there are new lots of mobile with slight changes in the hardware (if so and you should know).

How did I come to this conclusion?

After doing some tests with my mobile, which were the following:

-I tried to install the initial stock roms, the date "20160912" and previous dates, none works, all are left with the black screen on (yes, the screen comes on and flashes) and not even the logo Of "Ulefone". The stock roms "20161024" and "20161117" work without problem.

Entering a little more on the side of custom roms, custom kernels and custom recovery:

- At the time of flashing any recovery: it installs correctly, but, when you try to start (being in the menu after pressing Volume Up + On) the mobile simply reboots. The only custom recovery that works is the TWRP provided by the user "hanuma50" in the needrom website. But this last one has some modifications that do not allow to install some roms.

-Using the TWRP of "hanuma50": The rom Eragon provided by the user "skeleton1911" (based on the official firmware "20161024") installs correctly and works without problems.

-The DarkSense Kernel provided by user "Johnny" does not work (as well as the recovery provided by that user as I mentioned), the mobile simply goes into an infinite loop at startup (which does not allow you to start and reboot every time in the Logo of "Ulefone"), this happens in the official firmware and also in the rom Eragon.

These tests led me to conclude that my Ulefone Metal unit has some hardware changes, and therefore I would like to update the kernel to extend the compatibility to this hardware.

I hope my message is not ignored and the problem can be solved, thank you very much in advance.

Threads

Credits

Intermediate Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-12-21 15:33:26 | Show all posts
Same question again, Ulefone, if there are more HW versions of Metal, will you update/release source codes?
OT: Do something with spam in forum, there are lot of posts from one user, all reported as spam and noone can delete these posts/ban the user?

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum MembersGiveaway Participants

Post time 2017-1-28 00:21:08 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The development of all CUSTOM ROM seem to be abandoned ... Sad!

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-1-29 22:11:25 | Show all posts
I've as well received my Ulefone Metal just some days ago, and was quite surprised that I did also have no success in flashing alternative roms to the phone.
Basically I'm having the same issues as user "sempiternal", the kernel seems to not work on the new hardware revisions.

I'd be really happy to be able to use the phone with different roms, although the stock rom is nice, I'd prefer to try the LineageOS rom. Therefore please be so kind and provide updated kernel sources or whatever is required to get the newer phones also running with OpenSource roms.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Harald

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list