Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 235|Reply: 8

[Consulting] Turns off sometimes (suspecting battery issue)

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-8-25 22:11:13 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by LockyGamer at 2017-8-26 23:52

Hello everyone.

I've been using Ulefone Power for about 10 months now, had no problems.. The problem that I'm facing for almost 2 weeks now, is that the phone sometimes turns off, and I cannot turn it back on unless I connect it to a charger (the battery is usually around 45% when I connect it).. It doesn't matter if the battery, prior to the shut down, is at 98% or at 13%, almost everytime it turns off (by itself) and I connect it to the charger, the battery is around 45%. When I connect it, the phone charges randomly. For half an hour it stays at the same level, and then after about an hour the phone is fully charged (it goes up to 46% or 47%, but then all of a sudden (within minutes) gets to 100%)..
I always used the original charger that came with the phone, and started charging it when it was at ~13%, and always let it charge to 100%. The first shut down like this that happened, was when I launched Google (the actual app, not Chrome) and typed something, and then it suddenly shut off.. At first, I thought I accidentally pressed the power button, but that wasn't the case. I tried turning it on, but it won't turn on. Then I connected it to the charger and let it charge fully.. The next day, the same problem happened, but this time I was playing a game..
I started thinking it was the heat problem, but it happened even when I unlocked the screen (the phone was charging before that, I unlocked the screen after it charged)..

So I'm just wondering, if anyone is having a problem like me, how did you solve it; Buying a new battery, Returning it back for repair, or even opening the phone and disconnecting the battery wire and connecting it again? (I haven't tried any of these stuff, I wanted to come here and get some tips)

Thank you

EDIT: I just noticed that the phone won't even turn on if it's not connected to a charger.. The ulefone logo appears, and then just black screen. I will let you guys know if I managed to fix the problem somehow..

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-8-27 01:09:47 | Show all posts
Already try to flash ROM or reset phone? Seems to be a battery issue using what you describe.
Power 2 user. Love tech and try to help

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-8-27 01:58:54 | Show all posts
I haven't tried, I will reset it now in Factory mode (volume down + power) using the "Clear eMMC" function. Or should i use the "Factory reset" in the phone's settings?

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-8-27 04:30:13 | Show all posts
They are the same things. Save your stuff, remember your gmail and password and try it.
Power 2 user. Love tech and try to help

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-8-27 22:17:18 | Show all posts
I reset the phone (using phone's settings app, not in Factory mode) and tried to restart the phone while it was fully charged. I disconnected the charger, turned it off, and turned it back on. It couldn't turn on without charging, so I connected the charger and it turned on.
Since that (factory reset) has no effects, I will try to take out the battery and leave it out for 5-10 minutes. I already ordered a new battery from the local store, awaiting to get it in a few days..

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2017-8-27 23:10:24 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Seems to be battery. Try to talk with service@ulefone.com

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-8-28 01:04:59 | Show all posts
I already contacted them, but I hope there will be no need for them to answer the e-mail, because I hope the new battery will probably fix the issue...

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-8-30 03:11:12 | Show all posts
Well, turns out that the local store that sells the battery doesn't have it in stock (I was contacted today about that), and I suppose they won't get it in the upcoming weeks.. I'm currently looking for other stores (both local and international) that sell the battery. I'm not interested in sites that don't accept PayPal (AliExpress, for example)..
So, I tried to take the battery out of the phone and leave it disconnected for a few minutes, until I discovered a sticker that was covering a screw (upper right corner of the phone; opposite side of the side buttons) and it is probably a warranty sticker, so I didn't want to mess with it since I will probably send the phone for repair/service to another store that sells ulefone Power. I contacted them to ask if I can send my phone for repair, and they said that, if I have all the necessary papers that claim I own the phone, I can bring it to them.
I'm not sure if they're an authorized repair shop for my phone, but that's probably cheaper than sending the phone back to China..
I'll keep you informed about everything that happens regarding this subject.
If you're wondering if ulefone responded to my e-mail, they didn't.. That's OK, since I'm sure they get 1000 e-mails every day and can't respond to everyone..

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2017-10-28 20:56:39 | Show all posts
Good news everyone!

After buying a new battery from AliExpress, and replacing it, the phone works perfectly (doesn't shutdown anymore).
The old battery that was in the phone had some minor imperfections (there were bulges at certain places, it wasn't so flat as the new one). When first inserting the new battery in the phone, it was charged at 50%. I then used the phone normally for the battery to get to 15% (took me 2 days), and charged it over night. It was charging for 9 hours, and it reached 88%. Since there are some sources that say it's better not to do a full 100% charge when first charging Lithium-ion batteries, I stopped charging it at that point.
In total, the issue I had 2 months ago is fixed by buying a new battery.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list