Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
View: 418|Reply: 4

[Consulting] How to copy to OTG

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Post time 2016-9-22 18:05:23 | Show all posts |Read mode

Sign up now, Make more friends, Enjoy with more features, Let you easily Fun Community.

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x
Edited by zgfg at 2016-9-22 11:19

I connect a USB Drive (I've tested by few different, always the same), I get notification "USB Drive / For transfering..." and when I click on, it opens showing the content of USB Drive. I can select something and I can copy it to Internal Storage or my SD Card (I can even delete it from USB Drive).
But I cannot create a folder there, on the USB Drive.

And if I open File Manager, it only shows Internal Storage and SD Card, but no USB Drive. If I select something and choose Copy to, I cannot navigate to USB Drive to copy on there.

Under Settings / Storage and USB, it shows USB Drive but I can only Eject/Mount it and see its Content, but cannot grant it any further Permission and again, cannot Create a Folder there, etc.

OTG should support Reading and Writing to USB Drive, not just Reading, how to do it?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloweenulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from RussiaUpdate Beta team1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-23 06:54:13 | Show all posts
May be read only support for USB Drive file system?

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Members

Post time 2016-9-23 15:56:31 | Show all posts
If you download and install ES File Explorer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=nl

Can you then see the USB drive and it's content.  

Maybe with ES File Explorer you can do more than with the default program?

Threads

Credits

Gold Member

Credits

Thanksgiving Dayulefone MetalGiveaway Participantsulefone Fan from CroatiaHappy HalloweenUpdate Beta team1K Forum MembersForum Star

Author| Post time 2016-9-29 04:45:41 | Show all posts
Edited by zgfg at 2016-9-28 22:20

Thank you for asking about ES File Explorer, ES asked to become a default app for USB Drive and with ES I have now complete read/write functionalities for the USB Drive.
Btw, I tried previously with Zen File Manager (liked its GUI more than in ES), but copying to USB Drive did  not work by Zen, too.

For fullly functional OTG - install ES File Explorer

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2017-9-7 00:17:02 | Show all posts
In my phone doesn't seem to work with the latest ROM available: ulefone Metal Android 6.0 20161226

When plugged in it doesn't even detect any micro usb pendrive (note: pendrives with OTG connector nor normal usb pendrives with OTG adpter). The pendrive doesn't seem is being powered up.

Tested them before when had the official ROM with malware and worked fine with the same pendrives.

Any idea about how to proceed? Thank you.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list