Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version

ulefone Official Forum

Search
Author: AndyGB

[Discussion] Ulefone's Power comes with malware installed [Ulefone official has replied]

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-9 11:37:22 | Show all posts
zgfg replied at 2016-11-8 17:00
Do you check the other threads - Three days ago Miles asking to help them testing OTA update (supp ...

Thanks for that. I didn't see that one. I just messaged Miles

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum MembersGiveaway Participants

Post time 2016-11-13 20:18:54 | Show all posts
jbutr1 replied at 2016-11-6 03:22
Hey guys, i followed the rooting steps but it didn't work for me. TWRP installed fine however, aft ...

After Installing TRWP you have to

a) Re-Install a Rom WITH Root -> http://www.needrom.com/category/ulefone/power-ulefone/                                       EASY WAY!

b) Install SU-App, Super User to manage root-rights

use Titanium Backup to save your data before! After that use TB to deinstall the Malware -> Search Service. Reboot - System is clean.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-16 12:09:18 | Show all posts
Edited by alisson6101 at 2016-11-16 12:11

Hello friends, I suggest using this rom: http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Ulefone-Power-6-11.rar

Fewer bugs, more fluid system, and physical buttons are in the right way and the best without mallware

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-17 05:06:47 | Show all posts
alisson6101 replied at 2016-11-16 12:09
Hello friends, I suggest using this rom: http://www.needrom.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Ulefone-P ...

Thanks.  Do you know if this new MM 6.0 ROM still has the bug where Bluetooth is permanently broadcasting for pairing all the time it is switched on?  That bug, together with the poor email client in MM which doesnt allow Exchange accounts made me revert back to LP 5.0.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-18 00:13:40 | Show all posts
Edited by alisson6101 at 2016-11-18 00:16
ajp558 replied at 2016-11-17 05:06
Thanks.  Do you know if this new MM 6.0 ROM still has the bug where Bluetooth is permanently broad ...

I do not know, friend. I'm thinking of using 5.1 as well because of bugs. It seems that the UleFone team forgot about the power. I am sad to see other brands giving full support to all the devices and UleFone looking only for their releases and forgetting quality roms. My UleFone is taking 4 hours to load I do not know if it is a device or charger problem. I'm trying to port rom but I can not get in direct bootloop

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-18 05:54:02 | Show all posts
Hi, I'm trying to install the ROM mentioned before 6.11 and I also tried with 6.14
I'm getting the following error:
com ports number repetitive or invalid brom and preloader hace the same com port number please modify them in ini file or scan again

When I press Scan, it takes a long time and then it fails. I disconnect and re-connect the phone, try again and still nothing.
The phone doesn't show up in the Device Manager in the ROM PORTS, it shows up as Unknown Device.

Can somebody help me?

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving DayHappy Halloween

Post time 2016-11-21 00:55:24 | Show all posts
I've installed the rom on my ulefone power and haven't seen any signs of malware. Like said before, very fluid, and everything works (ir, gps, bluetooth, cameras, smart keys etc).

@tosh78
Here's how I installed it, slightly different from the tutorial they had. HEADS UP, I'm not sure how to install rom without keeping your data, my method remove all data from the phone.

*Just in case, I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone if you follow this, this is only how I did this*

1. Go to this link and DON'T download the rom, only the Flashtool 5.1604 and Mediatek Preloader Drivers win 7/8.1/10

http://www.needrom.com/download/official-marshmallow-64bit/

The flashtool is the software to flash rom to the phone and the Preloader Drivers is used so the computer and flashtool can recognize the phone

2. After downloading, extract the flashtools to desktop.

3. To install the Preload drivers you can follow this website tutorial. Make sure to follow every step all the way to the bottom (including the unistallation of some drivers). Make sure not to restart your pc AFTER installing the drivers

https://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/

4. Open up the extracted flash tools folder and run flash_tool.exe
5. Load the scatter loading text file of the rom you are looking to flash.
6. Turn off you phone
7. in the flash tools program, click download
8. Plug into pc and wait until a window pops up saying download okay
9. Hold power button to turn on your phone and wait for it to start up

Volia!
Hope this helps.
If you have any question just reply to my post

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-22 03:48:07 | Show all posts
MadeYouLook replied at 2016-11-21 00:55
I've installed the rom on my ulefone power and haven't seen any signs of malware. Like said before,  ...

Thanks a lot!!! I managed to install the ROM with no issues following your instructions.
Now, I have another issue but I suspect it's related to my device.
It seems like there's a part of the screen where something is placed. Something invisible, as I cannot touch any buttons of the menus there. I also cant move any icons across it. I have to flip the phone in order to be able to press some of the options in the menus. I did a reset to factory settings, I re-installed the ROM hoping that this behavior would go away, I also ticked off all of the permissions for allowing Drawing over other Apps. Nothing. I still get the "ghost" widget. It's obvious that it's something stored somewhere in my phone that doesn't get wiped with a normal Factory Reset or by Installing a new ROM as it's there as soon as the phone has a fresh start.
I don't know what else I can do, is there anybody here who can help with this? I'm not technical enough.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day1K Forum Membersulefone Power

Author| Post time 2016-11-22 05:42:42 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I can also confirm the OTA Wireless Update application also is malicious. Until Ulefone issue a clean ROM, I will be recommending no one buys a Ulefone.

Threads

Credits

Credits

Thanksgiving Day

Post time 2016-11-22 16:29:19 | Show all posts
Here is a link to a german news about rootkit found on many chinese phones.

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Millionen-Android-Smartphones-mit-Rootkit-ab-Werk-3493715.html
Can anyone tell me if ulefone is also affected by this?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list